BELLA BOSTON CONTRACT
The terms of this 4 page contract must be agreed upon and accepted by both parties, upon the receipt of a deposit or full sale price.
The following information will also be used for your CKC registration.
(Buyer) Name: ____________________________________________
City, Prov. : _____________________________________
Postal Code: _____________________
Home Phone Number: ___________________________________________
Cell Phone Number: ________________________________________
Emergency Contact Number: ____________________________________
Driver's License#: ________________________________
Name for puppy if known: _________________________________
Breed: Boston Terrier
Date of Birth: ______________________
R.C. Code: ______________________________
Purchase Price: ___________ + H.S.T. ________ Total: ______________
Paid in full
Full balance paid (after deposit ____)
Puppy pick up date _______________
Type of Registration: LIMITED
With Limited Registration, papers(CKC registration certificate) will be sent to the buyer (please allow 4 months) after proof of spay or neuter, plus all information for certificate is received by us. This is when the pups registration will be transferred with CKC. This dog is not to be bred. The puppy/dog may also be sold under a non-breeding contract.
___________________________ Buyer's Signature
* The Buyer must provide the puppy/dog with routine preventive care, such as, but not limited to:
1. Annual physical examinations by a licensed veterinarian.
2. Follow veterinarian guidelines for vaccinations and deworming.
3. Trupanion Vet insurance is highly recommended by the Breeder. Please sign up promptly, as there is a one month waiting period.
4. The puppy/dog must be provided with a good quality diet (such as Royal Canin), regular grooming, adequate (warm and comfortable) shelter in the cool weather, air conditioning or shade in the summer, as well as a constant supply of clean water. This pet is to be an indoor pet.
5. Boston Terriers cannot tolerate either overly cool or overly warm temperatures. They have a thin coat, and must be kept warm in cool/cold or damp weather. If you need a sweater, the dog needs additional warmth as well. Due to their short muzzles, they cannot tolerate overly warm weather either, and must be protected from the heat. White areas, such as on the bridge of the nose, or bare skin on your dog can sunburn, so use a sunscreen recommended by your vet if necessary. Never ever leave your dog in the car alone in warm weather...this could rapidly kill this breed of dog, or cause permanent brain damage! Bostons should also wear lifejackets when swimming.
6. This puppy may not be sold or exchange hands in any way until after he/she is spayed or neutered, and proof of this is provided to Bella Bostons. Once the final payment is made the registration will then be issued in the name of the purchaser(s)stated on this contract only. Please allow 4 months to receive this. This spay/neuter proof, must be suitable to Bella Bostons, and owner must allow us to contact and speak to the vet who performed the operation if we wish to. The spay/neuter certificate must include the dogs microchip number, endorsed with the veterinarians signature. In cases where we feel there may be doubt, we may ask for a DNA sample of the dog to be provided directly to us by the vet at the time of the operation, or after, at our discretion. If the owner cannot keep the puppy until spayed or neutered the owner will return the pup at their expense to us.
7. If you have misrepresented yourself in any way during our dealings concerning this puppy and his/her purchase, such as supplying false information as to your intentions for the pup, false names, misleading information as to his/her expected home life and environment, false information as to the number or kind of pets you currently own, or any other falsehood, we reserve the right to have the dog returned to us at your expense, and to revoke any rights you may have had to the dog. If the CKC registration is in your name at the time, it must be signed over to us.
1.The puppy must be paid in full by eight weeks of age -or- if purchased after eight weeks of age, must be paid in full and picked up within two weeks from the deposit/payment date, unless other arrangements are agreed upon by the Seller in writing. Any costs incurred by the pup after the deposit and after the first set of vaccinations shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser. If we are agree to keep the pup past two weeks we will be paid for this service at our current rate which will be explained at the time.
2.All deposits are non-refundable.
3.Any and all shipping and transportation costs, duties, boarding, crates, travel vet certificates and expenses will be the responsibility of the buyer. We cannot be held responsible for the puppy after it is delivered to the airport for shipment.
* The guarantee is only for this owner, it does not apply if the puppy is resold, or changes owners.
* This puppy is guaranteed for one year from the date of sale against fatal and life altering congenital disease which adversely affects the health of the animal. Covered are kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, and liver problems of a severe life threatening or life altering nature. If the dog dies within this one year time frame, the Buyer will pay to have it autopsied to ascertain the reason. If the reason is congenital, the Seller will replace the puppy.
* This guarantee does not cover what in the bulldog breeds is considered common: cherry eye, entropion, loose hips, strabismus, skin allergies, demodex, elongated soft palate, thyroid problems, and stenotic nares (collapsed nostrils.) Also not covered are bloat and luxating patellas. Many of these conditions will however be covered by Trupanion insurance.
* All items covered under this guarantee are by replacement only, and the Seller is not responsible for any medical expenses incurred. *Please contact us regarding health problems before you incur related bills, as we do not cover bills (other than from our veterinarian).
* As of the date of delivery/pick-up, the puppy has received proper vaccinations.
* This guarantee does not include Coccidia, Giardia or Kennel Cough, which is common in puppies, especially those that are shipped. Kennel Cough is typically self-limiting and like the common cold, it must run it's course. Naturally the puppy must see a veterinarian for assessment and treatment if necessary. We recommend the nasal vaccination against kennel cough (bordetella).
* A puppy showing a life-threatening genetic or congenital defect will be replaced as follows:
The animal must show the defect by one year from purchase. Seller must be notified of the problem within 2 business days of the licensed veterinarian determination, and have two reports from two unassociated veterinarians stating the same problem, at the expense of the Buyer. The Seller maintains the right to have the dog checked by their own veterinarian as well. If all veterinarians concur, then the Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value as soon as one is available.
* A returned puppy must be returned to the Seller in good condition, other than the specified problem, at the expense of the Buyer. The Buyer will then qualify for a replacement puppy.
* The Buyer is responsible for transportation costs to the Seller for the puppy that is to be replaced, and also is responsible for the transportation of the replacement puppy to them.
* This guarantee applies to the original puppy only and is intended for the original owner only. It is non-transferable to a second party.
* No replacement puppy will be given if the puppy has been euthanized without permission of the seller.
* A replacement puppy will be of comparable quality. It is understood that the replacement puppy may not be from the exact same parents as original puppy, may not be the same colour or sex, and there may be a waiting period involved if no suitable puppy is available at the time.
* There are certain disorders that may be caused by environmental factors, for example: allergies, thyroid dysfunction, demodectic mange, and other autoimmune disorders that are not covered by this guarantee.
* We do not guarantee against conditions that may or may not be stress related. These stress related conditions that have previously remained dormant can be triggered by many things, including the move to a new home or shipping, and unfortunately cannot be diagnosed until an active case becomes evident. Some of these stress related conditions or illnesses are: coccidia, giardia, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and kennel cough.
* Any problem which is or could be the result of injury or neglect is not covered under this guarantee.
The Seller is only guaranteeing the above puppy as a healthy companion/pet. Your puppy is sold to you with a limited registration. This means that the puppy is not to be bred. You will receive your CKC certificate after you provide us with the veterinarian's certificate of spay or neuter, including the pup's microchip number, and in some cases DNA sample. We must also be allowed to speak with the clinic staff to confirm the spay/neuter if necessary. The puppy will only be registered in the name of the original buyer.
*Any matings of this dog are in violation of this contract and shall be the sole responsibility (financial and otherwise) of the purchaser. The resulting puppies will not be eligible for CKC registration. If there is a mating, the dog will either be spayed or neutered at the owners expense at the earliest time allowed by a veterinarian, or the dog will be returned to the sole ownership of Bella Bostons, possibly along with the puppies, depending on which options we choose. This will be at our discretion. The time of return will be chosen by us as well.
*This puppy cannot be sold or re-homed by the original purchaser until after it is spayed or neutered. If the owner cannot keep the puppy until after it is spayed or neutered it must be returned to us.
*The CKC paperwork which will be mailed out after we receive proof of spay or neuter will be made out in the name of the original owner(s) only.
*This contract supersedes any and all previous agreements.
*Buyer agrees that he/she understands this contract fully.
*If at any time during the life of the puppy/dog concerned in this contract, the purchaser cannot continue to keep the dog, we will take the dog back (with the signed transfer of ownership), and find a suitable home for him or her. The dog must be delivered to us at your expense. Please, never put this dog in a dog pound! This could result in your pet acquiring serious illness, emotional trauma or even death. No money will exchange hands for this service.
Our interest in the happiness and well-being of your new Boston Terrier and his/her position in your family is a lifetime commitment to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We would love to hear from you as well, with any pictures and stories you might like to share about your new family member, and we in turn may share these with others, by publishing them on our website, or otherwise sharing them.
There are no other implied warranties other than those stated.
Shipping/Delivery: The puppy/dog will be shipped at eight weeks of age or older with all costs paid by the buyer. This contract must be signed and returned to the breeder prior to shipping.
Buyer's Signature Date
Seller's Signature Date